Saturday, January 30, 2010

Normal Iron Ferritin Counts Blood Tests, What Does Low % Iron Saturation Indicate?

Blood tests, what does low % iron saturation indicate? - normal iron ferritin counts

Hello to all.

I received the results of my blood tests some time ago. The iron profile shows the following:

Iron Total: NORMAL
UIBC: NORMAL
TIBC: NORMAL
Ferritin: NORMAL
% Saturation: low (15%, in which the range should be between 20 and 50%)

The doctor prescribed me Palafico for a few months.
I know I am low in iron, my question is, as the title suggests, what is the% saturation is low for me, for example, it fell to 5%? What happened? How is it different from other values. I looked on Wikipedia and it is not clear to explain to others, but not this particular value.

Thanks for the help.

1 comments:

Dazey said...

This means that you are low in iron stores. This means that if you have to do much physical activity, you could go really dizzy. Some iron pills can help. Ask your doctor.

Post a Comment